Don’t worry, this article does not contain spoilers for The Last of Us 2.
Huge spoilers for The Last of Us 2 leaked online, revealing key details from the story on the highly anticipated sequel to Naughty Dog.
There are rumors that these spoilers were leaked by a former Naughty Dog employee, who posted a video containing the spoilers on YouTube after a payment dispute with the developer went wrong. However, it should be noted that this has not been confirmed.
The spoilers reveal just about the whole storyline of the game, including a list of levels and cutscenes. But, we’re not going to share the details here, instead, we’re going to advise you on how to avoid The Last of Us 2 spoilers – and why you shouldn’t read them in the first place.
Why you shouldn’t share spoilers
We’re all hungry for information on The Last of Us 2, but we strongly advise against sharing the spoilers that have emerged.
On the one hand, you may want to know the ins and outs of the game’s history, but others may not – it’s not fair to take away their direct experience of the game. Many players want to enter The Last of Us 2 with their eyes closed, experiencing the story and the characters like Naughty Dog wanted, including all the twists and turns. After all, we were waiting for this sequel to years. So, if you’re going to read them, then go ahead, but don’t push the spoilers in front of the others.
Second, spoilers with this level of detail are a kick in the face for the teams that have worked on the game. Naughty Dog employees have worked tirelessly on The Last of Us 2, with crunch reports, to offer fans this gaming experience – so players can enjoy the game as the developer intended.
Then there is the legal risk. If these spoilers made come from someone inside Naughty Dog who broke an NDA, sharing information on social media could put you at risk. While there is no risk to users reading these leaks, readers should be careful not to republish them. Spoilers for a game as big as The Last Of Us 2 often spread quickly on social media, so people should avoid engaging in this by sharing articles or articles, as this could be considered a violation of law. copyright.
If, like us, you want to avoid The Last of Us 2 spoilers on social media, here are some steps you can take to try to reduce the risk of tripping.
The best way to avoid spoilers on Twitter is to cut out the words. While it’s worth noting that nothing is proof, silent words should significantly reduce the risk of running into The Last of Us 2 spoilers.
Here are the steps to cut the spoilers from The Last of Us 2:
- Open Twitter
- On the desktop, select the three dots at the bottom left of your screen and click on “Settings and privacy”
- On mobile, click on your face in the upper left corner, then select “Settings and privacy” from the menu that appears on the left
- Select “Notifications” then “Mute”, then “Mute words”
- On the desktop, a small plus sign should be visible at the top right of the screen – click on it to add muted words
- On mobile, an ‘Add’ button should appear at the bottom right of the screen – click on it to add muted words
- This then brings you to a screen that allows you to type in words or phrases that you want to cut
- You’re going to want to cut sentences like “The Last of Us 2”, “The Last of Us: Part 2”, “Naughty Dog”, The Last of Us spoilers “,” Spoilers “and anything related to the game you can think of
- In the ‘Mute from’ section, we recommend that you cut these words ‘From anyone’, from your ‘Home timeline’ and ‘Notifications’ – for added security.
- Under ‘Duration’, we would say to cut these words for ‘7 days’ because the spoilers should be less endemic at that time, but you don’t cut the news from The Last of Us 2 forever
You can now also cut the words from your timeline on Facebook, but its will only cut certain words in the comments, not in the messages, it seems.
Here’s how to cut words on Facebook:
- Access “Settings and privacy” from the device you are using
- Select “Parameters” then “Chronology and marking”
- Under “Timeline”, select “Hide comments containing certain words from your timeline”
- You can then add the words or phrases you want to mute from the comments – press “add” after each
- Again, we recommend that you delete phrases like “The Last of Us 2”, “The Last of Us: Part 2”, “Naughty Dog”, The Last of Us spoilers “,” Spoilers “and everything related the game you can’t think of.
- When you’re done, be sure to select “Save changes”
Besides the silent words in the comments, we suggest that you “repeat” any pages you like or follow (or your friends) that you think might post spoilers.
You can do this by clicking on the dots next to someone’s post, then select “Repeat x for 30 days”.
If you want to be super safe, avoid social media for the next few days. Plus, we advise you to avoid the likes of Reddit and Resetera too – just in case.