Samsung's Galaxy Tab is one of the most popular and versatile tablets on the market. However, you can do so much more with a VPN for your Samsung Galaxy Tablet. A virtual private network (VPN), or VPN, stops your internet service provider (ISP), school, or workplace from tracking your web habits. It will also allow you to access content currently blocked in your region. In this guide, we have singled out the best Android VPN apps that work on a Galaxy Tab.
best VPNs for Samsung Galaxy Tablets?
Below we have listed the best VPNs for Samsung Galaxy tablets. These services provide users with great VPN apps available on the Google play store (Can also be download via APK), have fantastic privacy and security features, and can unblock websites and services with ease.
If you want to know more about each service, you can click through to the detailed VPN reviews linked at the end of each provider.
ExpressVPN is a provider from the British Virgin Islands that is known for providing a highly reliable VPN service. Its Android app is fully featured and can easily be installed and used on any Galaxy Tab.
With ExpressVPN, you get watertight privacy on any Samsung Tab thanks to the no logs policy and strong VPNOnlineFree encryption. And, because this VPN has servers in 94 countries your options for unblocking content are almost limitless. We love this VPN’s 24/7 live chat support, which will always allow you to ask questions and get the most out of the service.
The service lets subscribers install and use the VPN on 5 simultaneous devices, meaning you can use it both at home on your computer and on various other devices. Best of all ExpressVPN is super-fast, and it unblocks Netflix US, BBC iPlayer, hulu, and anything else you can think of.
It's a truly formidable all rounder that has every VPN feature you need. You can test it for yourself thanks to its 30-day money-back guarantee.
Surfshark is a relative newcomer to the VPN industry. However, in just a few short years it has risen to be a global-consumer favorite. Surfshark has apps for all platforms; including a superb Android app. And, this VPN is a pleasure to use on any Samsung Galaxy Tab.
We love that this VPN is lightning fast, and its servers in 60+ countries unblock a massive range of international Netflix catalogs. In fact, this VPN unblocks just about anything you can think of, meaning that it is an extremely versatile streaming solution. Where privacy is concerned this VPN has a no logs policy, which means it never has any records of what you did while connected to its servers. And because this service is fully featured with a kill switch and obfuscation, you can use it to securely torrent or unblock content at work.
We are always impressed by this VPN’s unlimited simultaneous connections allowance, which makes it great for people with a lot of devices or larger families. An incredible VPN that provides the best cost to performance ratio for your Samsung Galaxy device. It's well worth comparing to Express using its 30-day money-back guarantee.
Private Internet Access is a US-based provider that is known to be excellent at providing digital privacy. The VPN implements a watertight zero-logs policy that it has proven in court on numerous occasions. This means you can trust this VPN never to reveal details about what you have done online – even if it is approached with a government warrant.
The provider has apps for all platforms that include advanced VPN features such as a kill switch, DNS leak protection, obfuscation, port forwarding and split tunneling. This makes the VPN excellent for unblocking content in absolute privacy, and for doing sensitive tasks such as torrenting. We are impressed by the connection speeds provided by PIA, which are excellent for streaming in HD on your Samsung Galaxy Tab.
And, this VPN can unblock sought after services like Amazon Prime, Netflix US, and hulu. A highly customizable VPN, that allows users to alter their encryption settings manually. It's well worth comparing to our other recommendations yourself, using its 30-day money-back guarantee.
CyberGhost is a Romanian VPN that is well known for being a service highly suited to beginners. It’s no-fuss apps for all platforms have an extremely low learning-curve, which means you can simply install it on your Galaxy Tab and begin connecting without having to mess with any settings.
We like that this VPN lets you install the software on up to 7 devices with just one subscription, which makes it ideal for most people’s needs. The Android app comes with a kill switch to ensure you never leak data outside of the tunnel, and this VPN provides a no logs policy that means you can completely trust it to keep your habits your own.
We enjoy using this VPN to stream, because it provides lightning fast connection speeds. And, it is able to unblock Netflix US, BBC iPlayer, and other popular services from around the globe. It's a great VPN that will not break the bank and you can test it risk free for a whopping 45 days thanks to its money-back guarantee.
VyprVPN is a provider based in Switzerland that is a solid option for any Samsung Galaxy Tab owner. The Android app is extremely good looking – and has a lot of advanced features to protect your privacy and security both at home and on public WiFi.
Being based in Switzerland is extremely good for privacy, and because this is a no logs VPN you can completely trust it. What’s more, this is one of the few VPNs that has paid for a comprehensive third party security audit that proves the VPN is doing the things it says it does. With VyprVPN you get apps for all platforms, which means you can easily install it onto up to 5 of your devices. And VyprVPN is able to unblock Netflix Us, BBC iPlayer, hulu, and other popular services.
It's an excellent VPN that works extremely well on Samsung Galaxy tablets and will allow you to gain the privacy and unblocking capabilities you need. And it's well worth testing using its 30-day money-back guarantee.
Why us a VPN for Samsung Galaxy Tab?
A VPN is an online service that allows you to encrypt your web traffic to gain digital privacy. When you are connected to a VPN server, your ISP is unable to track the websites you visit. This stops the ISP from being able to track your web browsing habits on behalf of the government, or to comply with requests from copyright holders, for example. It also stops the ISP from selling details about your web habits to third party marketing firms, advertisers, and any other third party willing to pay for information about you.
A VPN also prevents any local network administrators from knowing what you do online. This allows you to unblock content at work or in school, in total secrecy. Plus, with a VPN your real IP address is concealed from the websites you visit, preventing those sites from knowing where you really are.
Besides providing another layer of privacy, a VPN for your Samsung tablet will allow you to spoof your IP. By doing when you visit a website or service, you appear to be in a different location to bypass censorship, geo-restrictions, or blocks imposed by local network admins on public WiFi. As a result, the VPN gives you both watertight digital privacy and unlimited internet freedom.
How to use a VPN for Samsung Tablets
Getting added privacy and freedom on your Galaxy Samsung Tab is extremely easy. Just follow these simple steps:
- Choose an Android-compatible VPN from this article.
- Click the link to navigate to the VPN provider’s website.
- Subscribe to the service for the length of time you require. Committing for a longer period can save you a lot of money.
- Download the Android app for your provider from the Google Play Store.
- Launch the VPN app and log in using your credentials.
- Connect to a VPN server in the location that you require.
As soon as the VPN connection is established, all your data is encrypted, meaning that nobody can track what you do online. In addition, your real IP address is concealed and you can use websites and services located in the region where you are connected. Plus, you can bypass any restrictions imposed on a local network (such as in schools or workplaces).
What features does my Samsung Tablet VPN need?
For a VPN to work on a tablet, you are going to want several important features, fast speeds, and specific unblocking capabilities. Below we have included a comprehensive list of the attributes our experts used when curating this definitive list of the best VPNs for Samsung Galaxy Tabs:
- No logs policy: A trustworthy VPN doesn't log what you do online and can never help the government or third parties if they ask the VPN to provide information about you.
- Strong VPNOnlineFree encryption: A VPN is only ever as strong as the encryption it provides for your data. That is why we only select Samsung Galaxy VPNs that have the most reliable encryption on the market; implemented to the highest standards possible. Check out our what is VPNOnlineFree guide if you want to learn more about it.
- Plenty of server locations: For a VPN to be useful, it must allow you to pretend to be in many different places. This allows you to unblock more geo-restricted content from around the globe.
- Fast connection speeds: Many VPNs have substandard networks of slow servers. These poor servers will lead to frustration when streaming, gaming, doing VoIP calls, and anything else that is data intensive. That is why we have only recommended fast VPNs with servers suitable for streaming in HD.
- Easy to use apps for Android: Samsung Galaxy Tabs run on Android, which means that you need a VPN with a reliable, easy to use Android app. All the VPNs we have recommended have feature rich VPN apps for Android that you can download directly from the Google Play Store onto your Samsung Galaxy Tab.
- Strong privacy features: There are hundreds of VPNs on the market and they don't all have the best VPN features. In this article we have recommended only VPN apps that have important features such as a kill switch, DNS leak protection, and obfuscation.
What can I do with a VPN for Samsung?
With a VPN, you can bypass and censorship imposed by your government. This allows you to gain freedom of access online to access unbiased news or other important content that is being hidden from you by overreaching and totalitarian governments.
A VPN also allows you to bypass regional restrictions to reach services that would otherwise be unavailable. This includes:
- Access geo restricted YouTube or Vimeo videos.
- Unblock more Netflix shows.
- Unblock TV channels from around the globe such as BBC iPlayer, CNBC, or more.
- Unblock VoIP apps in countries that block them.
- Use social media services like Facebook and Twitter at work or in countries where they are blocked.
- Bypass restrictions in schools or workplaces without getting caught.
- Watch sports competitions from around the world for free.
- Access content that is blocked for cultural or religious reasons – such as adult content, gambling sites, dating websites, and much more.
- Access popular blogs and news websites that are restricted for political reasons.
- Download apps that are unavailable where you live.
How to install a VPN on a Samsung Galaxy Tab manually
The easiest and best way to install a VPN on your Galaxy Tab is to download the app from the app store. Our recommendations all have fully featured VPN apps for Android devices that will work on your Samsung Galaxy Tab.
There is really no reason to install one of the VPN’s in this article manually, and doing so will actually cause you to have access to fewer advanced features. However, just in case you want to know, we have included this quick guide on how to install a VPN on Samsung Galaxy Tab manually:
- Click on Settings in your Galaxy Tab.
- Tap on Connections followed by More Connections Settings/More Networks.
- Tap on VPN and then select Add VPN.
- Contact your VPN for the manual connection data (you can get this from customer support) and enter it in the fields.
If you want information more about setting up a VPN on android tablet, check out our more in-depth guide on how to set up a VPN on an Android phone or tablet.